Update to shots fired at police incident in Trail
Trail and Greater District
2022-10-27 14:00 PDT
File # 2022-4904
Trail and Greater District RCMP are providing an update regarding an incident which occurred on October 25, 2002. See the original news release here: Shots fired at police by man behaving erratically
On October 26, 2022, Francis Paradis (29) of Quebec was charged with the following counts in relation to the shooting that occurred around midnight on October 25, 2022.
- Discharging a Firearm with Intent contrary to Section 244 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to an Order contrary to Section 117.01 of the Criminal Code
- Assaulting a Police Officer with a Weapon contrary to Section 270.01 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition contrary to Section 95(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized contrary to Section 92(1) of the Criminal Code
Mr. Paradis was remanded in custody and will make his next appearance by video in Provincial Court, in Rossland, BC.
Sergeant Mike Wicentowich
NCO i/c Trail Detachment
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Date modified: